Screen gaskets are suitable for systems and pipes made of stainless steel. They are used in order to filter particles and contaminations out of the medium. The screen gaskets are available for different Tri-Clamp sizes and in different gasket materials. The mesh size should be chosen depending on the size of the particles that need to be filtered out.
Information about the Screen Gaskets
The screen gaskets suit various processes and can be applied anywhere where pipes with sanitary connections are in place. They are installed to filter particles of different sizes out of a medium or to protect equipment – for example pumps – from damage by impurity or foreign objects. The mesh size of the screen states how many wires are in an area of one inch. So, the screen gaskets are available in the sizes. The screen material is stainless steel which can also be delivered as an electronical polished version upon request.
If a medium contains multiple particles of different sizes that need to be filtered out, it is recommended to use several screen gaskets in a row. This way the biggest particles are filtered out first and the smaller ones are being filtered later. This prevents the screens from clogging quickly and also blocking the products flow.
In order to provide the right screen gasket for each application and also medium, there is a wide range of gasket materials available:
- EPDM / Buna / FKM / Silicone / PTFE
The screen gaskets are also available with a special screen design which is called “sock screen”. The screen reaches into the pipe like a sock, which offers a much bigger screen surface and can take far more particles than a regular screen. This extends the intervals of exchange and improves the maintenance costs.
The sock-screen gaskets are available in the following materials:
- EPDM / Buna / FKM / Silicone
All materials have been certified extensively and are conform to the requirements of USP Class VI, ASME BPE standards and also cGMP.
Don’t forget to check out our range of sanitary clamps!
Features of Screen Gaskets
- Many Mesh Sizes available
- Not only Standard version, but also Sock-Screen version
- Many Gasket Materials to choose from
Processes and Applications
- Remove Particles
- Protect Equipment
- Filtration Applications
- Pipes made of Stainless Steel
- Pharmaceutical Production
- Filling Processes
- Aseptic Transfer of Liquids
The Screen Gaskets are compliant to the following Standards
- U.S. Pharmacopedia Class VI
- FDA Title 21 CFR 177.2600 & CFR 177.1550
- 3A Certification
- Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- ASME-BPE Standards
- USDA Standards
- Full traceability
- Animal Derived Ingredient Free (ADIF)
Details and information about Screen Gaskets
- Sizes: 1/2″ – 3/4″ – 1″ – 1,5″ – 2″ – 2,5″ – 3″ – 4″ – 6″
- Materials: EPDM, FKM, Silikon, Buna, PTFE, 316L
- Mesh sizes: #4 – #10 – #20 – #40 – #60 – #80
- Perforated screen sizes: 0.02″ – 0,033″ – 0,063″ – 0,100″ – 0,125″ – 0,250″
More types and sizes including sock screen gaskets are available on request!